Helpful informational video on the procedures of small claims court
PROCESS SERVER INFORMATION
Anyone interested in becoming a certified process server in the Third Judicial Circuit should carefully review this information page, Administrative Order No. 2013-008, and the application packet. Please review applicable Florida laws, including Chapters 48, 83, 607 and 713.
- The current contact information for Court Administration in the Third Judicial Circuit:
4424 NW American Lane, Suite 101
Lake City, Florida 32055
Phone: (386) 754-7107 Fax: (386) 466-3356
Designated Employee: Lisa Butler, Human Resources Analyst II
- Fees and Method of Payment:
- The initial certification fee is $100.00. The renewal certification fee is $75.00. The background investigation fee, for both initial background investigations and yearly background investigations, is $24.00 (completed through FDLE). These fees are nonrefundable and are due each year upon renewal.
- The certification fee must be paid by cashier’s check or money order and made out to “State of Florida”.
- The criminal history background investigation is done through FDLE at the following website: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/. The certified results must be sent to Lisa Butler at the mailing address above.
- A completed application packet should include (1) the four-page application, (2) the Statement of Policy Regarding Conduct of Certified Process Servers, (3) the Certified Process Server Agreement, (4) the Certificate of Good Conduct, and (5) the certification fee. The criminal history background results must be received before the application process can be completed.
- After submitting all of the necessary application materials, the designated employee of Court Administration will contact you to arrange a date and time to take the written examination.
- If you have any questions about the Certified Process Server Program, please direct those questions to Court Administration, at the address or phone number listed above.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if any person requires special accommodations to take the written examination, please contact Lisa Butler at the phone number listed above.
CIVIL CASE MANAGERS
Civil Case Manager
Dixie County, Suwannee County, and Taylor County
Civil Case Manager