Helpful informational video on the procedures of small claims court
PROCESS SERVER INFORMATION
- Anyone interested in becoming a certified process server in the Third Judicial Circuit should carefully review this information page, Administrative Order No. 2020-009, and the application packet. Please review applicable Florida laws, including Chapters 48, 83, 607 and 713.
- The current contact information for Court Administration in the Third Judicial Circuit:
4424 NW American Lane, Suite 101
Lake City, Florida 32055
Phone: (386) 754-7107 Fax: (386) 466-3356
Attention: Lisa Butler, Human Resources Analyst II
- Fees and Method of Payment:
o The initial certification fee is $100.00. The renewal certification fee is $75.00. These fees are nonrefundable.
o All fees must be paid by cashier’s check or money order and made out to “State of Florida”.
- A criminal background check must be run by FDLE, and a notarized copy of the results needs to be sent directly from FDLE to Court Administration at the address listed above. The website is as follows: FDLE http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/. (Request criminal history)
- A completed application packet should include (1) the four-page application, (2) the Statement of Policy Regarding Conduct of Certified Process Servers, (3) the Certified Process Server Agreement, (4) the Certificate of Good Conduct, and (5) the certification fee.
- After submitting all of the necessary application materials, the designated employee of Court Administration will contact you to arrange a date and time to take the written examination.
- If you have any questions about the Certified Process Server Program, please direct those questions to Court Administration, at the address or phone number listed above.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if any person requires special accommodations to take the written examination, please contact Lisa Butler at the phone number listed above.
CIVIL CASE MANAGERS
Civil Case Manager
Dixie County, Suwannee County, and Taylor County
Civil Case Manager