Court reporting provides accurate, complete stenographic or digital records of court events. Digital court reporters record and transcribe court proceedings and hearings remotely through the use of special electronic recording equipment. Stenographers are present in the court room during felony jury trials and death penalty hearings.
The following types of proceedings are digitally recorded:
- Marchman Act and Jimmy Ryce Hearings
- Child Support Enforcement
- Detention Hearings
- Domestic Violence/ Injunctions
- Drug Court
- First Appearances
- General Magistrate and Hearing Officer Proceedings
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Juvenile Dependency
- Shelter Hearings
- Traffic Court
The following types of proceedings are reported by a stenographer:
All felony trials, death penalty hearings and post-conviction proceedings.
Cost of Program:
Transcripts and Data Discs (on DVD media) are available for purchase. The following fees apply:
- $50.00 non-refundable research/deposit fee (to be applied to the cost of the transcript)
- $4.00 per page for an original and one copy
- $4.50 per page for an original and two copies
*Anyone requesting a transcript must remit 50% of the cost before work is started.
- $25.00 per Data Disc (on DVD media)
*Postage costs are additional
*Please allow 30 days for your Data Disc (on DVD Media), or transcript to be delivered.
For more information about court reporting, your transcripts or Data Discs, (on DVD Media), please call Jenny Musgrove, 386-758-1333.